Good customer service is key in business. Because this can get consumers to choose your product or service. Therefore it is recommended that the employees that deal with foreign clients dominate English to have an effective communication.
Consider that in many cases, you can lose a customer by not providing quality service. This includes not speaking the same language fluently and clearly. This is why, if you plan to expand or grow internationally, you must make sure to improve this point.
Before continuing, take into account that when talking about customer service, reference is made to the actions that are carried out towards the customer to achieve their satisfaction. They can be before, during and even after a purchase.
In this article, we will talk about the benefits that you can obtain mastering the english language and how you can strengthen your customer service:
Importance of good customer service
As we mentioned before, any company needs to have good customer service if they want to maintain or increase their sales. To understand why it is so important, let's look at the following points:
Build loyalty. This is one of the main reasons why you want your customer service to be exceptional. Mainly, because you will be responsible for the growth of your business. Once your consumers feel cared for, they will begin to show their loyalty to you.
It attracts money. Consider that good customer service will make you more money. Your customers will even be willing to pay a little more if you can establish a relationship of trust with you, where their questions are answered in a timely manner.
It brings with it good publicity. Having good customer service makes the same customers recommend your services or products to other people. So you will have good free publicity.
Having good customer service will build loyalty, increase your profits, and get good free publicity.
Types of customer service in English
Now, there are different types of customer service in English. Let's see some of them:
Over-the-phone customer service.
This type of customer service is the one that is done through telephone calls. It is well known as a call center.
Technical Support or Tech Support.
In this case, reference is made to the service in which it is offered. technical help to solve any problem related to the product being sold.
Product Sales Support.
For its part, the product sales support customer service provides consumers with answers to all questions related to the products that the company provides. As well as the products that are marketed.
Face-to-face customer service.
Finally, as its name indicates, this customer service is the one that is offered in person.
Phrases to initiate the call.
Being in charge of customer service, Customers must be treated cordially. The first impression and the behavior that is had will largely define the user experience.
Therefore, the following phrases are recommended when starting a call:
- Hi, my name is Julia. How can I help you? / Hello, my name is Julia. What I can help?
- How can I help you? / What I can help?
- What can I help you with today? / How can I help you today?
- Good morning/afternoon thank you for calling (company name). How can I help you? / Good morning/afternoon, thank you for calling (company name). What I can help?
- Thank you for calling Mr Harris. My name is Julia / Thank you for calling Mr. Harris. My name is Julia.
Phrases for waiting.
Yes your collaborators work in customer service, they may have to put users on hold to look up information. To do this, you can use the following phrases:
- I'll check and be right back. /I'll check and come right back.
- Will you hold for a moment while I check on that? Please stay online. / Can you wait a moment while I check it out? Please stay online.
- Will you hold for a moment while I check on that? / Can you wait a moment while I check it out?
There is a chance that you may have to put your customers on hold. For this you need to make sure you communicate properly.
Phrases to apologize.
In the case of receiving a complaint from customers, these phrases can be used:
- I'm so sorry that you feel this way, Mr. Harris. / I'm so sorry you feel this way, Mr. Harris.
- We're sorry to hear about this, Mrs. Harris. / We're sorry to hear this, Mr. Harris.
- I do understand the inconvenience you've faced, sir. /I understand the inconvenience you've encountered, sir.
- We really do appreciate this feedback, Mrs. Geller / We really appreciate your feedback, Mrs. Geller.
- Thank you so much for letting us know about this, Mrs. Geller. / We greatly appreciate you letting us know about this, Mrs. Geller.
Closing or farewell phrases.
Depending on the conversation you had with the client, the following phrases can be used to close and say goodbye:
We are more than happy to help you, Mrs. Geller. / We're glad we could help you, Mrs. Geller.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Do not hesitate to contact us if the problem persists. / Do not hesitate to contact us if the problem persists.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. / Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
To provide good customer service you must communicate in a friendly and appropriate manner.
Without a doubt, being prepared to provide good service to international clients is a great advantage for any company. As we mentioned in the article, give Good customer service allows quick and fluid communication to be established.
Having a team capable of maintaining a clear conversation that resolves any customer concerns will allow them to achieve a rewarding experience. This way your business can continue to grow.
Do you need to reinforce the English of your customer service team? In English2Go We have customized courses to meet your needs. With our advice you will be able to put into practice a strategy that will be able to serve your consumers efficiently and increase your sales.
If you liked this article, you might be interested in:
Professional English for the manufacturing industry
English guide for foreign trade
English Courses for Companies
Personalized, with native teachers specialized in technical vocabulary.