English for work is one of the essential requirements of many professional fields. The truth is that this happens with the english for tourism . After all, the fact of meeting people from all over the planet implies having a command of this language. For this reason, here we have the most important terms.
The importance of knowing English for tourism
In general, learning English is essential today. This language is very in demand for the best jobs , and is even a requirement to study at some universities. However, it is also key to learn it to be able to communicate with different people from all over the world.
Thus, the english for tourism is essential. First of all, for a matter of communication. The possibility of assisting travellers, if you are a professional, is a necessity that will be demanded of you at work. And since English is a Universal language, spoken by millions of people, will be very helpful in different contexts.
In this sense, to work in the tourism sector it is essential. As you will have to speak with native people, it is important that you know how to express yourself correctly to understand them. In other cases, there will be travelers from other parts of the world, whose second language will be English. And, there, you should be able to explain each specific term of the field.
Words that are used a lot in the tourist sector
Do you need to know what are the perfect technical words in the english for tourism? Well, here are some of the most outstanding concepts:
- travel insurance. It is defined as “travel insurance”. It is common to offer it in each new transfer.
- return ticket. It refers to the round trip ticket.
- single ticket. It's just the one way ticket.
- ticket office. It is a concept that translates as “box office”.
- car rental. It is the equivalent of “car rental”.
- Downtown. It refers to the center of the city in question.
- Accommodation. It translates as “accommodation”. It is essential for those who have to travel or pay for a hotel stay.
- Arrival. It means "arrival". The airlines usually indicate it when advising what time the flight will arrive, approximately.
- Baggage Allowance. It is a concept that can be translated as “baggage allowance”. It refers to the amount of hand luggage that the company allows for each passenger. The limits usually vary according to the company and, in case it is extended, it is necessary to pay an extra.
- delayed. It means "retarded". It is also common to see it on the boards when there is a flight that is delayed.
- canceled flight. In the worst case, the flight may be cancelled. This is the term that will be used to report it.
- About Spanish (2019, November 1). 100 essential English words for
- Fluentu (2019, April 22). Tourism and hotel English: +60 words and expressions.
- Global Exam (2022, April 29). 7 benefits of learning English: why is it important?
- WhatsApp (2019). English for tourism: vocabulary for professionals in the sector.
- YOPPEN (2022, May 9). The importance of languages in tourism.