Have you ever thought how new technologies have changed your daily habits? It is almost undeniable that the digital revolution it came to stay. It affects everything, including the evolution of companies, however traditional they may be.
The debate about digital revolution highlights the innovative ways in which countries use digital technologies. Digital financial services, remote education and inclusive government services are some examples.
Consequently, digital solutions are projecting more equitable and resilient growth. Let's see, then, the impact of this structural change and how the English language is key to addressing the challenges of this new era.
What is the digital revolution?
what we call today digital revolution It started in the second half of the 20th century. With the adoption and proliferation of computers and the digital storage of information came the development of more advanced computing systems.
Basically, we are talking about a change in mechanical or industrial technology. We are facing a new digital electronic era, in which the storage, transfer and understanding of the information received is the most important thing.
Why is it considered a digital revolution?
The digital revolution It has the characteristic of continuously transforming. This breakthrough is portrayed in many ways. Above all, it allows countries and companies to adopt changes to generate growth in areas of knowledge and in its economy.
Digital technologies forever changed the way we exchange and use information. Furthermore, they have ushered in a new era where we all need to speak the same language.
Advantages of digital revolution for the world of work
- digitized education. The ways of learning have been transformed in such a way that they allow students to learn from anywhere. They also make it possible to access any type of data when they need it. This represents the elimination of the limitations of time and space in education.
- advanced automation. Connected to the Internet, employees can do their jobs remotely at a time of their choosing. In some cases, the machines no longer need humans to operate them, which avoids repetitive and boring tasks for workers.
- Time saving. Faced with the multiple tasks that exist, technology is the best ally. The technological advances provided by digital communication make it possible to make payments with credit cards, hold meetings miles away, or use a digital signature to sign contracts.
- versatile work. Now many tasks and tasks can be carried out remotely. There is no need for all workers to be present in the same building. This gives rise to flexible working practices.
What competencies are essential in digital revolution?
In an increasingly digital world, digital skills are among the so-called transversal skills. These make it possible to participate in society and, above all, in professional life. Here we name some of the most important.
- Have experience in information and data. This includes, for example, the digital skills to find, filter, evaluate and manage data in social networks and digital content.
- Communicate and cooperate. It refers to collaboration and networking through digital media, and the management of one's own digital identity.
- Design, create and program content and digital tools.
- Know and be able to apply the relevant legal principles, such as copyright and licences.
- Being able to analyze, evaluate, understand and reflect on information and digital media.
- Know the universal language of the digital environment. In the digital revolutionIncreasingly, business is conducted across borders. Here, the English language is often used as an international platform for communication. Learning it is mandatory.
Uses of the English language as a skill in the digital age
The ability to communicate in English is a great asset to many businesses and organizations, including those that do not use English as an official language.
Consequently, companies doing business internationally are likely to interact in English. Since it is the first or second language, mastering English becomes one of the most desired skills in job sources.
Here are some of the most common times when English turns out to be a key factor in working life:
Hypothesis 1: You are looking for market information and cannot find valuable sources
It is estimated that more than 50% of the Internet pages are written in English. This means that more information is available online for people who can read in this language. Having access to much more information can make a real difference in your professional life.
Hypothesis 2: You are looking for a job, but IT opportunities are scarce in your home country.
Exponential growth regularly occurs in industrialized countries where the English language is everything. A good knowledge of the language allows you to communicate effectively with clients. This results in strong and lasting business relationships.
Hypothesis 3: The local labor market is saturated and it is difficult for you to find a job.
The English language can be the differential that helps you climb positions in a selection process. Being able to successfully communicate and negotiate with English-speaking clients makes your skill set more attractive.
Activities related to information technologies constitute a large economic sector. That is a reality for all sectors that continue to increase their competitiveness through the training of more connected employees.Therefore, if you want to be in tune with today's world, remember that English is the best tool to keep up with what is happening. Don't hesitate. The faster you begin to learn English, the sooner you will enjoy the opportunities and benefits of digital revolution.
English Courses for Companies
Personalized, with native teachers specialized in technical vocabulary.