Globalization and digital transformation have erased borders. This means that in today's business world it is essential to learn to communicate with a specific technical language: the business English.
Your skills need to stand out from the rest when speaking this language and learning business English vocabulary will allow you to do just that. You must have, then, the right tools to make learning easy and efficient.
How to learn business English?
To have the necessary level of English, the first step to follow is to define your need. That is, you must identify why you want to learn the language.
Learning to communicate in English is an essential skill in today's business world.
It is key to be clear about the type of business English vocabulary you require. Do you want to start negotiations with foreign suppliers or perhaps you have a multicultural team? Knowing this will make it easier for you to reach your goal..
The next step is to get into this language through different strategies. For example, courses that include specific vocabulary to meet the needs of your business.
You can also resort to universities, academies and institutes that provide various facilities. Among them, that respond to the needs of the modern companies who want to train their employees.
These types of institutions encourage learning using multimedia methods provided by themselves. For example: videoconferences, chat, forums, virtual campuses, etc.
In this point, companies establish contracts with these institutions to train their employees; these, for their part, in addition to training employees, deliver follow-up reports to the companies and grant the respective certificates.
It can be learned in online, face-to-face or semi-face-to-face mode. In addition, these courses are aimed at selected employees. In this way, as it is a personalized teaching, you learn more quickly.
You can also study English abroad, live temporarily with a family that knows the language or learn on social networks.
Is it easy to learn business English?
Knowing English is important if your goal is to prosper in the workplace and improve your professional profile. This way you can conduct business meetings, talk with clients and even conduct negotiations.
One of the necessary steps to learn English is to define what motivates you. This will allow you to focus on achieving your goal.
Although it may surprise you, in-depth knowledge of the language is not required to achieve this, it is only necessary to prepare with professional help. Yet is it that easy learn business english? The answer is yes.
These courses are designed for anyone. Also for professionals from the corporate world who wish to enrich their vocabulary, acquire skills specific to this branch of the language, perfect their pronunciation, etc.
Vocabulary for Business English
Many people feel nervous in a scenario where they have to speak in English. In particular, if they require the use of vocabulary focused on business English.
However, with personalized training and regular practice, success can be achieved.
There are several expressions in English that are frequently used in the workplace. Most of them are formal registration, but maintain the daily business.
In this sense, it is important to be clear that the context is essential to identify the appropriate expressions. An informal meeting with co-workers differs from a business presentation addressed to a prospective partner.
Knowing the context is key to identifying and using the correct expressions in English.
Here are some expressions that are an essential part of the vocabulary focused on business English according to their category:
Departments of an organization:
- Customer Service / Customer Service.
- Finance/Finance and administration.
- Human Resources/Human Resources.
- Managing Director/General Director.
- Production Department / Production Department.
- Purchasing Department/Commercial Department.
- Public Relations/Public Relations.
- Sales Department / Sales Department.
- Research & Development/Research and development.
Expressions for a presentation:
- «Welcome, everybody. My name is David and i'm the Operation Manager"./"Welcome everyone, my name is David and I'm the operations manager".
- «I'm here today to talk about…»./«I'm here today to talk about…».
- «I understand your point of view»./«I understand your point of view».
- «I absolutely agree with you»./«I absolutely agree with you».
- «In conclusion, we could say that…»./ «In conclusion, we can say that…».
Expressions for a business call:
- "May I speak to Mr. Black, please?"
- «I'm calling to talk/ask about…»./«I'm calling to talk/ask about…».
- I'm sorry. I can't hear you very well. Could you repeat that, please?
- «May I leave a message for Mrs. Grayson?»./«Can I leave a message for Mrs. Grayson?».
- «Thank you for your time»./«Thank you for your time».
- Core business/Main activity.
- Full time job / Full time job.
- Part time job/Part time job.
- To hire someone/Hire someone.
- To resign/quit a job/Resign a job.
- Request quotation / Ask for budget.
- Maternity/paternity leave/Maternity or paternity leave.
- Vendor management / Supplier administration.
Why learn English for business?
So why learn English? Because it is the universal language of business. It makes it easy to communicate, recognize words on report boards, understand TV shows, meet new friends, etc.
Learning the vocabulary belonging to business English allows you to face any work situation.
A large vocabulary in English provides multiple benefits not only for your work life, but also for your personal life.
Learning business English allows you:
- Investigate specialized information on the Internet or through technical texts that usually appear in this language.
- Attend workshops and conferences given in this language.
- Expand your operations to other countries. Even those whose native language is other than English, as it is the universal language of business.
- Get new job opportunities.
- Greater security and confidence in yourself by expanding the own cultural and linguistic horizons.
- Travel and explore English-speaking countries with greater ease.
Mastering a broad vocabulary in Business English opens a lot of doors that will help you in your professional development. Facing an increasingly globalized world, it has become an essential skill.
The key to your learning success is on three pillars keys: define your goal, access classes adapted to your needs and practice.
In English2Go We offer specialized business English courses tailored to your personal needs and interests. We adapt not only to the objectives you seek to achieve, but also to your level in the language.
You might also be interested in:
Personalized English Courses
Learn with native teachers specialized in technical vocabularies. Courses oriented to your objectives and at your own pace.